It is driving me absolutely crazy... but I could not think of a better time to write a post on necessary items for an adventure abroad.
- Journal and pen- I cannot stress enough just how important it is to document a once-in-a-lifetime adventure! I have been doing this since I was little. Although I usually go overboard and write in my journal every night about the day that I had (where we went, what we saw, what food we ate...), every time I open up a filled journal, it brings me right back to that very day. I have even started bringing along a mini stapler so that I can include ticket stubs and brochures in my journals!
- Comfortable shoes- No matter where you are going, you are probably going to be doing a ton of walking.
- Raincoat- I always take a raincoat with me, even if rain is not on the forecast, just in case it decides to downpour while you are touring. This way, you can still see the sights without having to pop into a cafe, just to wait out the rain.
- Portable mirror- I have stayed in one too many hostel to forget my own little mirror. If you are sharing a room with a large group, it is just easier to find a quiet spot by a window to apply your makeup, rather than crowd around the one in the bathroom.
- Camera- I love taking photos, so my camera will not be leaving my side for the entire trip. Also be sure to bring a camera card with enough space and an extra battery.
- Adapters- Different countries have different kinds of outlets. Do the research and buy the appropriate adapter before you leave, so that you can charge your electronics whenever you want, rather than after it is too late.
- Headphones- I never leave home without my iPod Classic and headphones. Having your own music to listen to while on a long plane ride can help make it more enjoyable for you.
- Waterbottle (if the tap water where you are going is safe to drink)- Not only is a reusable water bottle much more environmentally friendly and cost efficient than buying plastic bottle after plastic bottle, but it also keeps you hydrated while on your travels. There is nothing worse than being in an incredible place, but not feeling well enough to enjoy it.
I hope this post has reminded you of a few essentials to bring along with you on your next great adventure! Do you have anything to add to the list?
Stay tuned for more posts about my upcoming trip passing through Toronto and cities in Germany, Poland, Austria, the Czech Republic, and Hungary!