Today has been one of the snowiest of all days at my university in Maryland so far this year, and even though I do not love snow, I can admit that it is beautiful and that I am enjoying this day. It has been a good day to spend with friends, catch up on homework, and play in the snow.
For this year's Lenten season, I am working on complaining less, since I do not actually have any reason to complain at all. Right now, life is good.
Here are just a few great things that I would like to share with you about today:
- Getting to sleep in
- Finishing a paper that is not due until Wednesday
- Dancing in my apartment with friends to Florence and the Machine
- Trudging to the other side of campus in the snow while holding hands
- Making snow angels
- Watching my best friend cheerlead at a basketball game
- Having a hot shower
- Watching the snow fall
- Eating mint chocolate chip ice cream (even though it is really cold outside)
- Making a great dinner
Winter really is not my thing, but today has definitely been my thing.
I hope you have had a great day as well!