But there are also things that I want to do on my own, for myself... so why not have a bucket list with all the random things that I want to do someday? I hope to add and cross things off this list as time goes on! It will always be a work in progress.
I have never taken the time to write down the things that I want to do, but it just so happens that I was able to do something this past weekend that I can now cross off my bucket list! I had signed up for a 10 mile "mountain run" about two months ago, in the hopes that it would give me something to work towards while I was recovering from a dark time. Well, let's just say that post-grad life is a different kind of busy than college life, but busy nonetheless... I did not train as much as I wanted to for this race, and I was very very close to chickening out, especially since I had to work an event just hours after the race would finish. I knew I would be sore and worn out, but I also knew that I would feel proud and accomplished if I did decide to run.
I ended up waking up that morning and thinking to myself, "why not?" I knew I would be able to at least finish the run, even if it wasn't graceful or timely. I decided that I was going to try, because this was something that I wanted to do for myself, and I knew that I would feel great if I tried. I ended up running the whole race and surprised myself with my time and how good I felt! It was a brisk morning, but the scenery was gorgeous and it is so great to know that I can actually still run long distances!
- Complete a
10 mile racehalf marathon
- Transition into a minimalist lifestyle (starting with my closet)
- Film a documentary
- Promote ethical businesses with my purchases
- Go to one of those trampoline gyms (I LOVE trampolines)
- Sleep with a view of the Milky Way
- Have a successful photography side-business
- See Florence and the Machine in concert
- Complete the Way of St. James in Spain
- Be a long-term mentor
- Take a road trip through the US
- Practice yoga enough to do an unassisted headstand
- See Angel Falls in Venezuela
- Switch to all all-natural beauty products
- Visit all the National Parks
- Live in a big city (preferably abroad)
- Find a job that pays me to do exactly what I love
- Get more of my work published
- Live as close to a zero waste lifestyle as I can
- Get paid to travel
- Learn to do latte art
- Apply to be on the Amazing Race
- Teach myself to bake things from scratch
- Have a family and show them the world
- Overcome my anxiety of answering the phone
- Climb a mountain
- Get my MBA
What are the top five things on your bucket list?