Hello! I'm alive!
After another brief period of being generally unwell, I am finally getting back to being my good old self. I have officially been graduated for over a year, and recently was able to watch the members of the Class of 2016 graduate from my alma mater, and place of employment. It was wonderful to watch them walk across the stage while simultaneously trying to get a decent photograph of them and uploading posts to social media (for my job, of course).
In one year, I will be walking across that same stage once again with my Master's diploma waiting for me. It's wild that I'll be moving onward and upward from my cozy little life in small town America in just a year, but I know that these two years of post grad living will have taught me so much about the real world, that I'll be an even greater candidate for an upper level job in a big city, potentially abroad.
It is such an exciting time in my life, and I am trying to take in every moment as best as I can, though I've realized that I haven't been doing my best at being my best. Does that make sense? I've been so comfortable and maybe even complacent, the past few weeks that I haven't really been moving forward, but rather staying in the same place. After being sick again and watching at least five hours of Netflix in a single day last week, I decided I needed to make some changes and quit wasting my time.
Here are a handful of small improvements I want to make a point of implementing in my daily life to help me grow and be the best I can be:
- Work out each day - even if it's just 15 minutes of yoga before bed
- Aim to do 1 hour of grad school work a day (at least)
- Take my vitamins every day - I've been having some medical issues blah blah blah so a good, proactive thing to do would be to make a point of taking my daily vitamins daily, instead of maybe twice a week, when I remember
- Take some time each week to plan for the future - my real real life will be starting in about a year, so the discernment and job search process begins, yet again!
- Write more - whether it's journaling, poetry or letters, I need to get back into the habit of documenting my life
- Plan out meals for the week - so as not to turn into a garbage human being who eats cheez its and sandwiches for dinner three times a week... (guilty)
- Stay away from screens before bed - I've been having sleeping issues, so maybe this will cure them!
- Stick to the budget - overspending happens, but do you ever just have one of those months where your credit card bill skyrockets for no apparent reason?? It's painful, really.
- Listen to podcasts in Spanish - This is one of the first times I'm not enrolled in a Spanish class or directly in contact with my Spanish speaking family, so I need to work on keeping my skills up
- Read or blog over Netflix - Game of Thrones and Downton Abbey have been taking up way too much of my free time lately
Have you ever gone through a period of time that causes you to make positive changes? I think it's a great excuse to kick yourself into gear and be more productive.
Tincor Iron Moustache - Tinting and Tissue Bar - Tinting and TissueReplyDelete
Tinting titanium mug and titanium aura quartz Tissue Bar Tincor Iron Moustache. Tinting and Tissue Bar. Tinting and Tissue titanium earrings sensitive ears Bar. Tinting chi titanium flat iron and Tissue Bar. Tinting and Tissue Bar. Tinting and Tissue Bar. Tinting and Tissue Bar. Tinting and titanium daith jewelry Tissue Bar. Tinting and Tissue Bar.