As a second semester senior, I can attest to the fact that things do not get any easier as you get to be an upperclassman. I have been doing so much running around and intricate balancing that, some days, I have to actually schedule what time I want to shower... as in, I have to make a mental note to shower at a certain half hour time block. So even though the beginning of this semester has been pretty hectic for me, I have been able to do some pretty incredible things.
- Since I am interning with my University's Communication Office, I have been able to take photos with a really nice camera at events like our Homecoming games and a big dance that we have every year. I wear an official name tag and sometimes even a polo with an official logo on it. So far, I have learned a lot about photography in a different context. Taking photos is something that I have always loved to do, but this internship has taught me about taking portrait-style photos and covering events.
- Also through my internship, I get to be in charge of some of my University's social media accounts. When I cover events like the Homecoming game, I also get to post some photos on Instagram and link that with Tumblr and Twitter. The whole process is interesting and usually pretty fun for me.
- I was able to sign up for classes that I am actually interested in this semester, one being a social media class. I love learning about how to maximize post reach depending on which social media platform is being used. Hopefully, what I learn can help me with my blog!
- I have gotten my resume in order and have begun to apply to some jobs. This is an exciting time for me and my peers, but there is a lot of stress, fear, and anxiety that goes into the job searching process. I have felt all of the above emotions, all at the same time about a million times. But there is also hope that my undergraduate career and experience will lead me to some kind of career by the end of the summer.
- And finally, I was able to hit up my local thrift shop this weekend and I scored an awesome pair of purple roller blades for $7. I cannot wait to use them when the weather gets nicer.
I am making the most of my final semester of undergrad and I cannot wait to see what my future holds.